The decision to move a loved one into a long term hospice facility is one that comes with great difficulty and anguish. It is the end of life care that no one wants to plan for, but sometimes must. If you need to get long term hospice walnut creek ca for your loved one, there are many companies out there who offer service. Do not choose the first that comes along during this difficult time. Instead, ask questions of each company that you find interesting and ensure that you hire the best in business. Start by asking the 7 very important hospice care questions listed here.
1. How long have you been in business? The more experience that a company has, the better.
2. What is your reputation in the community and in the medical industry? There are many ways to find out firsthand. Take advantage of that information.
3. What are the costs of care? All hospice care providers charge various fees. Most insurance plans pay for the care but not in every situation.
4. What type of services do you provide? Never assume that services are or are not included in your program. Ask and get the answers that you want and need.
5. Do you have references? A good hospice provider should have a few references on hand to provide upon request. Call to hear their thoughts about the care received during their hard times.
6. Are any extra services available? Some hospices offer extra services for families who need and request them, at extra fees, of course.
7. Can I choose my care provider? Most hospice agencies will allow you to choose your own caregiver if you would like. If you are not happy they’ll also let you get someone new.